some colour help *EDIT popple pics*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bex

Reaction score
this is Stella we got her from someone who didnt want her anymore and was gonna 'give her to a mate for greyhound training' :x
we were told shes a rex cross, but im not sure how to tell LOL
anyway i wanted help with her colour, shes very orange but has some dark ticking in some places (hind area, nose, ears) so would it be sooty fawn?
RXbr36W.jpg

qdjSQX0.jpg

ZAR7Dq9.jpg

CN5cuzT.jpg

Am9O3dr.jpg

she has just had a litter of 9 to my harlequin dwarf lop cross buck
fHrWk7i.jpg

oy0szx1.jpg

I agree that she is a broken black tortoiseshell, I'm not sure what that would be called in Australia. The bucks colour is also called harlequin over here.

You should have some torts, broken torts, harlequins and tri-colours in the bunch and I am impressed by the number of kits in the litter for a small sized doe, congratulations!

thanks for the replies, i think black tort here is sooty fawn? (but im probably super wrong)
im not sure tho, its all so confusing, im used to rat genetics which seems easy compared to buns
yeah i was surprised at the litter size too, i hope they all do well *crosses fingers*
Stella is a wonderful mama so far, and isn't bothered with me looking and comes up for pats, when she sees the kids she wants to come out for a play, shes a darling
the kit in the bottom of the pic looks like he/she has little leopard spots haha so cute, i cant wait for them to fuzz up :)<br /><br />__________ Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:48 pm __________<br /><br />these babies are sooo cute i could die!!
3 days old and all 9 are going well so far :D
kenOLAS.jpg

Wo43DmV.jpg

o7ZYdxw.jpg

YkMe0GI.jpg

OMGoodness they look like 4 day olds!<br /><br />__________ Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:56 pm __________<br /><br />Oh wait, lol I thought you said they were 9 days old. NEVERMIND.

SORRY, they are cute though! lol

OwnedByTheBuns":2tbl3gon said:
OMGoodness they look like 4 day olds!

__________ Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:56 pm __________

Oh wait, lol I thought you said they were 9 days old. NEVERMIND.

SORRY, they are cute though! lol

hehe thats ok :)
you were close tho haha 3 days old
im happy all 9 are well :)

You are going to have some really pretty rabbits there. Congrats!

(and if that's your daughter in the pics- she's a cutie)

Marinea":1z7olfen said:
(and if that's your daughter in the pics- she's a cutie)

yep thats my 2nd eldest daughter (i have 5 daughters and 1 son)
the babies are 5 days old today and sooo cute
0FfkU71.jpg

jzn1r2M.jpg

fTIcxGS.jpg

TJRgNno.jpg

FuZE4l1.jpg

all 9 are doing beautifully Stella is a great mama

Latest posts

Back