So I was getting my buns ready for the show...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle@theWintertime

Reaction score
...and Jack says he doesn't think he wants to go to the show tomorrow. :roll:

1175212_602029476507194_913593272_n.jpg

1185476_602029499840525_1550939646_n.jpg

LOL!!! Worst...molt...EVAR. :p

Oh well...his new coat is soooo pretty...I bet he'll be all set for the NEXT show. :D

Oh my goodness! :p
He looks like he's sayin' "Dad....don't just stand there!!......BRUSH me!!!!" ;)

At least you weren't at a multi-day show and came back one day to find a cage that looks like the fur exploded off your rabbit.

jessie15273":35e6ndxl said:
So this isn't a normal molt!? All my mini rex molt like this!

LOL it's normal, just he's extremely dramatic since the old coat is SO fried it isn't even black any more. :roll: He looks like CRAAAAAAAAP. :p I have a molting otter as well, she's similar but the old coat isn't discolored, so she just looks like she's been gnawed on by rabid opossums. :roll:

The possum lines have my paranoid...my dog keeps "catching" little ones in our yard (they were attacking our cantaloupe vine) other then that it seems odd to me..but then it seems like my rex never molts o_O I keep waiting to catch him looking like that one day but nope he refuses...maybe I should threaten him with going to a show :?

Kyle@theHeathertoft":1mnry9xd said:
jessie15273":1mnry9xd said:
So this isn't a normal molt!? All my mini rex molt like this!

LOL it's normal, just he's extremely dramatic since the old coat is SO fried it isn't even black any more. :roll: He looks like CRAAAAAAAAP. :p I have a molting otter as well, she's similar but the old coat isn't discolored, so she just looks like she's been gnawed on by rabid opossums. :roll:

All my mini rex molt like this, but my spots and Netherlands never did! I had an otter that liked to sunbathe, she was no where near Black anymore, but when she shredded it out it came in perfect! She was able to go on and win a few more!

Hmmmm. At least his fuzz will grow back.
Today, I was getting my buns ready for the show next weekend and noticed one of my bucks has completely lost his entire tail! I was posing him, reaching for his tail, actually lifted his hindquarters up and gone, it's just gone!

I feel so horrible. I didn't even notice until now...and it's all but healed. I never saw any fuzz, no blood, extra flies, him paying more attention to it. No indication of anything at all wrong.

My cages back up to my chain link fence. It is my assumption that his tail was sticking thru his cage, out the chain link fence, and a dog got it. He seems fine otherwise, and will still make a great breeder, but his show career never even got started.

luvabunny":3i9t6u9a said:
Today, I was getting my buns ready for the show next weekend and noticed one of my bucks has completely lost his entire tail! I was posing him, reaching for his tail, actually lifted his hindquarters up and gone, it's just gone!

I feel so horrible. I didn't even notice until now...and it's all but healed. I never saw any fuzz, no blood, extra flies, him paying more attention to it. No indication of anything at all wrong.

My cages back up to my chain link fence. It is my assumption that his tail was sticking thru his cage, out the chain link fence, and a dog got it. He seems fine otherwise, and will still make a great breeder, but his show career never even got started.

Oh my goodness! that's insane.

luvabunny":1exff9ql said:

Holy cow!!! That's crazy!!!! Poor bun...so odd too!!! At least he didn't get an infection or anything. :)

We have a show in 2 weeks ( the only one in our state) and our best buck looks like a hot mess. They always know the "right" time to have bad hare days hahaha.

Latest posts

Back