Snuffles? (URGENT!)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So today I was out with the rabbits, and one of them sneezed. Some times they do sneeze, and I do not think too much of it usually, but sneezed sounded a little more wet than normal. I checked Os, and her nose is a bit wet. It is a clear fluid, not a great amount, but enough to worry me. I listened to her breathing, and I can not hearing anything unusual. I am thinking of moving her to the inside of the house, but she is 27 days pregnant, and I do not know if that will stress her too much. I went down the line, and checked the others, and all the adult rabbits look fine, but I noticed that a few of my 10 day old kits have some colored crust on their noses. I am starting to get really worried, and was wondering of someone (within the US, I can not call out of the country) could PM, and I will give them my number. I feel I can best describe everything through talking rather than typing.

My advice is to IMMEDIATELY quarantine everybunny who has any sign of problems. It could well be a false alarm (perhaps weather or air quality related) but why take unnecessary chances?

:clover: :clover: :clover:

Also, look for anything in their environment that has changed. Different hay? Less ventilation because cold weather is here and you've done some weatherproofing? New cleanser? That kind of thing.

False alarm or not .... I'd still quarantine anyone who was on the "You scared me list."

I immediately quarantine anybunny that exhibits the first signs of illness .... If they show any more signs of illness , I gotta do what I gotta do to protect the herd.
If it was a false alarm , they still stay away from the herd for 30ish days.

I might be overly paranoid .... but its better than the alternative.

Ramjet":a6x41pkb said:
False alarm or not .... I'd still quarantine anyone who was on the "You scared me list."

I immediately quarantine anybunny that exhibits the first signs of illness .... If they show any more signs of illness , I gotta do what I gotta do to protect the herd.
If it was a false alarm , they still stay away from the herd for 30ish days.

I might be overly paranoid .... but its better than the alternative.

Yep...I am with Ramjet...I quarantine anything that "seems off" for at least a week...just in case.

Latest posts

Back