Snuffle Lessons:

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cereshill

Reaction score
So, here is my lesson from Bubble and F2's snuffles: cull early.

F2 had 9 two still born. She started blowing day of delivery. I steadily put down her litter as they developed congestion and started to starve. I just put down the largest and last this am as its was so congested it could not eat.

Bubble's litter grew slowly and became compounded when 3 of the 7 got entertis. I have put all but one down at this point. The last and largest never really developed anything and is now with F2. I will see if she nurses it out. Both will be culled out; maybe this week if they don't get along.

Lesson: cull quickly and decrease management issues. Rabbits will beget more rabbits and even a nice doe can be replaced.

Wow, CH... I'm sorry you went through all this, but I appreciate you condensing it all into this post, as it makes it very clear how things turned out with the does and their litters.

It was a major bummer, but I have learned some good lessons over teh past year. I have gone from 0 to 55 holes in 12 months. YOu are going to have some pain along the way, but overall our experience has been positive.

You can just as easily have a problem with 1 rabbit as with 55! In fact keeping a very small amount of rabbits might give one a false sense of security.. as the odds of any problems may be lower.As long as one can be attentive to the needs of all individuals in the herd numbers don't matter imo. Anyways I hope everything is smoother from now on.

Back