Snow Bunnies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm new to the site but have been using it for information for quite some time. Last night my lion head doe Prim began pulling fur she's been nesting for a couple of days though, I should add this is her first liter. She never stopped eating or drinking either. Anyways I kept checking on her throughout the night an nothing I checked on her at 8 am still nothing and at 9am a wiggly nest. She ended up having 5 babies and a perfect nest I might add everyone seems happy and healthy hoping it stays that way. She is also a lot more friendly and social then she use to be and was very excited to show me the babies. She had them on the 29th day and during a snowstorm! . :bunnyhop: Trying to upload pics now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 739
Welcome to RabbitTalk, TaysRabbitry! :welcome:

:congratulations: on a nice litter and a terrific little doe. One of my first rabbits was like that -- just so happy and eager to show me her new babies.

Hi Tay!

:welcomewagon:

:congratulations: on the litter!!!

I'm sure you will anyway, but make sure to pet her for a little while every day now that she has kindled. When mammals give birth (and nurse), they release a hormone called prolactin that helps them to bond with their babies. It produces a "loving euphoria" and when you interact with her she will relate that feeling to you as well. :)

It is a great time to create more of a bond with her, and the attitude doesn't go away once they have raised their young, although she may, of course, get a bit moody when she wants to be bred.

Have fun with the new babies! Congratulations again!

MamaSheepdog":373ysv6v said:
I'm sure you will anyway, but make sure to pet her for a little while every day now that she has kindled. When mammals give birth (and nurse), they release a hormone called prolactin that helps them to bond with their babies. It produces a "loving euphoria" and when you interact with her she will relate that feeling to you as well. :)

That's interesting to know... our doe was sweet and friendly to start with, but I have noticed that she has become even more so after having her litter.
She recently started giving 'kisses' (only our buck did that before) and just follows us around everywhere. :)

Thank you everyone! And I didn't know that mamma sheepdog I will definitely be giving her some extra attention!!!

-- Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:43 pm --

Here they are! They don't seem to have been fed yet but I'm hoping she will feed them later this evening! I think the two darker ones are going to look like her and the broken one looks just like it's dad not sure about the two lighter ones any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 740
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 740
Very cute. If it were me, I would hold the doe and give them a feeding today. Little things need the nutrition to deal with the cold, imo.

She did finally feed them last night an they look like they r going to pop. I should add that they r indoor bunnies and have their own heater. They are a little spoiled. :rabbit-hop2:

TaysRabbitry":38vee59a said:
I think the two darker ones are going to look like her and the broken one looks just like it's dad not sure about the two lighter ones any ideas?

The little guy on the left looks like it has pink inside of the ears, so it might be an opal. In order to really figure out their colors we need to know the colors of the parents. We have a few members here who really enjoy the genetic aspect of colors... you should post a new thread with photos of the parents and kits in Rabbit Colours and Genetics so you will get more (and faster!) responses.

MamaSheepdog":kskm8nfs said:
TaysRabbitry":kskm8nfs said:
I think the two darker ones are going to look like her and the broken one looks just like it's dad not sure about the two lighter ones any ideas?

The little guy on the left looks like it has pink inside of the ears, so it might be an opal. In order to really figure out their colors we need to know the colors of the parents. We have a few members here who really enjoy the genetic aspect of colors... you should post a new thread with photos of the parents and kits in Rabbit Colours and Genetics so you will get more (and faster!) responses.

Thanks I posted a thred in that section with pics of the parents..

Latest posts

Back