Sneezing

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preciousgurl63

Reaction score
I have a 8 wk almost 9wk old rabbit that I have in isolation right now since I only have had her for not even a week yet. I have noticed that she is sneezing. I haven't noticed no discharge from her nose or on her front paws. She is eating and drinking and seems to be a playful little rabbit. Should I be worried or no? I really hope she isn't sick because she is going to be my 3yr old nieces 4h bunny and she is already inlove with her.

Are you giving her hay? Try removing it. Are you using shavings? Try switching to compressed pelleted bedding. Is she in a dusty area or an area where there is any kind of pollen or other allergens?

I use shavings for her litter pan and she is staying in my room. The only thing that always stays in my room is my cat and his litter pan.

preciousgurl63":2h2r1tzk said:
I have a 8 wk almost 9wk old rabbit that I have in isolation right now since I only have had her for not even a week yet. I have noticed that she is sneezing. I haven't noticed no discharge from her nose or on her front paws. She is eating and drinking and seems to be a playful little rabbit. Should I be worried or no? I really hope she isn't sick because she is going to be my 3yr old nieces 4h bunny and she is already inlove with her.

It usually has to do with with their surroundings/environment. It could be the litter, any dust from food. It could be too cold. Or they could have an itchy nose! Try changing up any litter or moving the cage (if inside) to another place. She should be fine as long as she doesn't have any discharge! :)
:bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

Well she doesn't have no discharge. Just the sneezing is all. She is a very playful curious little bunny that just wants to get into anything and everything she can.

Since she's young, instead of removing hay maybe just try to keep in contained, so it doesn't make as much dust. Like put it in a toilet paper roll. I think when they are young they should be encouraged to eat as much hay as possible so their teeth grind down to the right length and grow in straight.
It could be dust or allergens that causes sneezing, but many other things too. There are many bacteria that can cause sneezing besides pasteurella. I had a bunny that never got sick, but sneezed often, and had a squeak in his nose and when he was put on antibiotics for a puncture wound the sneezes and squeak went away and never came back. So I think he had something, not pasteurella, it cleared up too easily I think to be pasteurella. Hopefully, since yours isn't really sick, her own immune system will fight it off whatever it is.

Well I took her out of my room to see if the sneezing stops. I shall see. Besides that she is a joy to have. Very lovable, playful and curious

Latest posts

Back