sneezing and possible runny nose

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrymomma1991

Reaction score
My rabbit is sneezing and it seems like he may of had a runny nose from the fur tuner his nose. What could this be from??

Sneezing is random can be from dust or allergies...people also say if it is hot they might sneeze and have a wet nose. Is you have regular sneezing and snot then it is most likely snuffles and they need to be culled. There are people who cull at any sneezing but I only do if they are blowing snot and/or frequent sneezing.

Can you hear him breathing? Does he sound congested? My french lop recently went through nasal congestion and sneezing but turned out to be the hay or dust on the hay I was giving him. Hope your rabbit is ok too.
Do you have any other rabbits? If you do you may want to quarantine him just in case.

No I cannot hear him breathing. His eyes don't seem cloudy or anything. He don't sneeze alot either. Yes I just took him out today once I realized that he was possibly contagious. He is in our house actually. Hopefully that wasn't a bad move.

One of my NZW started sneezing about 2 months ago, she had no snot coming out of her nose and she did not go off her feed. On the 2nd month she has been sounding worse. I took her to the vet Tuesday and she had an infection. She is currently on antibiotics and doing better.

Back