Slant boards??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinityoaks

Reaction score
Those of you who use slant boards under your cages: What is the minimum angle needed to keep everything moving off the boards the way it should? What material is best?

i have an 8 inch drop. but it's not enough to keep everything moving off, I scrape them every morning. MOST liquid drains off.

Mine are corrugated plastic. They aren't slanted very much either, so I scrape as well.

I prefer straight up gravity to an inclined plane. Everything drops right down to the ground. I compost right under the rabbit cages and periodically do a complete clean out and transfer to the main compost location and mix it in.

Fid":2hcwr5ef said:
I prefer straight up gravity to an inclined plane. Everything drops right down to the ground.
That's all fine and dandy for the bottom cages, but not the top ones. I need to be able to stack them.

trinityoaks":2s5evaw0 said:
Fid":2s5evaw0 said:
I prefer straight up gravity to an inclined plane. Everything drops right down to the ground.
That's all fine and dandy for the bottom cages, but not the top ones. I need to be able to stack them.
Sorry, should've mentioned my cages are all on one level. Don't really have any space restrictions at my place.

No problem, Fid! I do use gravity for my bottom rack. I wish I had the luxury of having all my cages on one level.

Miss M and MSD, where did you get your coroplast?

I got mine at a sign shop. I bought 10mm coroplast, 3 sheets, for about $26 per sheet, if I remember correctly. Pricey stuff, but I wish I'd gone for the expense to begin with, instead of messing with corrugated metal!

They cut it in half for me and helped me load it in the trunk.

I just called around to places in town that make signs, and asked if they could sell corrugated plastic sheet. I priced several places before going to buy it. :)

You need at LEAST 12" to get a good roll off. You will still be scraping some, but not as much. Get a long handled squeegee to scrape/push with.

Miss M":29p9byrs said:
OneAcreFarm":29p9byrs said:
You need at LEAST 12" to get a good roll off.

I didn't have room for it, but it would have been helpful, I'm sure. :)

I am sure it is harder when you have stacked cages....mine were only one level so ti was easier to have a steeper angle...

There is no way I could get 12" with my set up either, unless the top cages were so high as to need a ladder to get to, or the low tier nearly on the ground! The scraping is no big deal though. I have been thinking that those with stackers could easily do slant boards too, as long as they don't mind scraping daily... which I think would be way easier than dealing with trays!

I'll be doing well to get 9". OAF, what were your slant boards made of? You just had them in your Rex shed, right?

Latest posts

Back