Skillz...I haz them...lol

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneAcreFarm

Reaction score
Funny...palpating all those does that missed and were NOT preggo, has made it *MUCH* easier for me to tell when they ARE preggo...I have three that are bred now, by the way... WooHoo!

Yes, it will. Before, it was like..."well, I am just not sure..." Now it is like..."yep, she is" or "nope, don't think so"...

Congrats!!! That really is a very useful skill to have! I still can't seem to master it.

fuzzy9":1du8b59f said:
Congrats!!! That really is a very useful skill to have! I still can't seem to master it.

I remember reading that palpating bucks or does known to be open will help you be able to tell the difference...just like my palpating all those ones that missed...I was doing it several times a week. I have one that I am still not sure of, but the other three I am positive...I have a couple more to palpate in the next few days. Gonna have bunnies coming out of our ears! :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

You deserve it though, you've been waiting so patiently!! :goodjob: :bunnyhop:

lol im pretty good with palpating but actually a open breeder that has been in jersey woolies alot longer then me told me to palpate at 9 days. i was like no way am i gonna feel em that early but i tryed it...and omg i can feel them better at 9 days then two weeks.

Yup, I read a really interesting article that says to palpate on day 10...so I usually palpate around that time.

It may be a bit easier if the rbabits do not have overly full guts---
And it looks like letting mine shack up did not produce anytin ng00 sigh....

Frosted Rabbits":2vo19xcf said:
It may be a bit easier if the rbabits do not have overly full guts---
And it looks like letting mine shack up did not produce anytin ng00 sigh....

Oh, so sorry to hear that, it is a bummer, I know. Yes, I agree, I try to palpate at night before they have been fed pellets. I feed water/hay in the morning and water/pellets in the evening.

Pokin' prego bellyz skillz? I doezn't have none...

Never tried it- better get with the program, eh? Specially since Cait's been trying for 10 years, and she's young and still has most of her brain cells! (Health teacher in HS said every beer kills enough brain cells to fill the head of a pin. How many is that anyway? I can't count that small! Must be those beers!)

Anyway, glad to know about day 9 and hay okay, pellets not.

MamaSheepdog":yel6nzyh said:
Pokin' prego bellyz skillz? I doezn't have none...

Never tried it- better get with the program, eh? Specially since Cait's been trying for 10 years, and she's young and still has most of her brain cells! (Health teacher in HS said every beer kills enough brain cells to fill the head of a pin. How many is that anyway? I can't count that small! Must be those beers!)

Anyway, glad to know about day 9 and hay okay, pellets not.

:lol:

See, I just gave up on palpating though! I just bring over a friend of mine who is able to do it. I throw them in with the buck and pray real hard, that's my method.

Latest posts

Back