Size difference questions

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
people say that breeding that larger buck to a smaller doe will create birth complications. I have never found this to be true. Kits grow to a certain size regardless of parentage I find. But others experiences may be difficult.

It is EASIEST on the doe for breeding purposes to use a similar or smaller sized buck for breeding.

Since I don’t see the point of making a other thread I am going to ask another question.

when is the best time to kill a nz for fur?

My bucks are larger than my doe but only by about 1.5 or 2 lbs and I've had zero issues...that being said they are both same breed...I'm not sure I would want to try to breed a giant buck to mini doe as yes I agree they will be certain size within the breed but if mixing breeds of considerably different sizes parentage does matter...if you have ever seen a newborn mini vs newborn giant it is scary for me to think of my mini giving birth to a Flemish or other giant kit..and would be hard on a small doe

Pelts are always much nicer after first molt and even better if it's winter coat...just makes for a thicker nicer fur.

Okay well luckily I don’t think that there is that much of a difference between my rabbit. Another unrelated question do you think that mus could be a silver fox mixed with a harlequin because he has standup fur and silvering but he is harlequin. Also my nz have standup fur so what ????? And when I try to pose them the don’t line up so has the breeder bin lying to me
pictures of mus
45B2FE68-105C-42DC-9416-B14CE65727EC.jpeg3F950FBF-1C84-4AC3-A79A-BF71A792FE94.jpeg
pictures of the nzs
The buck

BBA586D4-FD9A-409A-9758-9677626C3A56.jpeg
the doe
2564C523-9A42-4545-B335-B259B2D41094.jpegD5C14AF5-D837-4FAD-B357-10EB49AC4E17.jpeg

I will send pictures of them posed so you see what I mean

Mus looks like Indigo Pipkins, a childrens tv puppet i loved! So rather interested in what he is. That coat is like nothing ive seen b4 being new. Lovely!

Latest posts

Back