Singing to rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoodat

Reaction score
My buck Reuben got so big I had to back two cages together to let him get his exercise. That means two shelves at opposite ends and his hiding and play tunnel. Somehow I came up with a song I call "Bunny Boy" to the tune of "Pony Boy". Whenever I start singing it he starts showing off, leaping around between the two cages, up and down both shelves and in and out of his tunnel. I can't figure out if he likes my singing or is just trying to get away from that gad awful noise. :x

Many animals like to be sung to. I have a silly song that I liked to sing to my geese. It always received a round of goose laughter. I also used songs to cue them when herding them out to the pasture or back to their house.

We once had a pet rabbit that would swoon for the Righteous Brothers' Unchained Melody. She liked other sappy romantic songs too, but that was her favourite.

I make up songs for my pets too! Poor things- singing is not one of my gifts. :roll:

Probably the luckiest one in that regard was the Burmese Python I had, since she couldn't hear! :lol:

I'm glad Reuben has his own song- that is the mark of a well-loved animal, for sure! :p

And my wife said I was crazy singing to my rabbits. HA.!
now I have proof I am not the only one. LOL
she tells the kids I pitching whoo to the bunnies.LOL

I talk to them and sing to them, I have even left the radio on for them. I leave the t.v. on all the time
for the cat and dog. they both sit and watch it. my wife did not believe me, until one night she caugh them watching.
I told her animals like entertainment as well as we people do.

Thanks for helping me prove I am not crazy when I sing to my rabbits.LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

I tried to sing in the car when I was bringing my parrot home, he immediately walked away off my shoulder...And I used to be in chorus and know how to sing. =(
But I laughed so hard when he did that. He's a bird, what does he know anyway?!

CWD":3om3b4fl said:

I talk to them and sing to them, I have even left the radio on for them. I leave the t.v. on all the time
for the cat and dog. they both sit and watch it. my wife did not believe me, until one night she caugh them watching.

Thanks for helping me prove I am not crazy when I sing to my rabbits.LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

You couldn't prove you aren't crazy by me. Everyone knows I'm nuttier than a tree full of squirrels.

My rabbits seem to like "Two Black Caddilacs" my carrie underwood... or maybe because thats all i have been singing to them lately....

I used to sing to my kids when they were little till my middle son covered my mouth when he was 1. He also cried when I played my violin. I had to stop playing till he was older. Maybe the rabbits would appreciate my voice.

hoodat":2biu82c5 said:
You couldn't prove you aren't crazy by me. Everyone knows I'm nuttier than a tree full of squirrels.
Mrs. CWD doesn't have to know that, though! :lol:

I used to sing around the house. I was in choirs large and small for years, and I took voice lessons, so like CnB, I know how to sing.

Then ILoveBunnies was born. Every time I sang, she cried. I stopped singing, and (except for choir) I never started again. :(

The dogs get a goofy eyed when I sing to them, they seem to interpret it as a sign of affect, and start jumping up on me, then rolling on the ground.

The rabbits--they give me the crazy bunny look.

I love singing to my rabbits as well. :) However unlike my family they don't seem to mind if I am off tune. :lol: They don't seem picky about the music either.
Now when we are working at herding the sheep they get songs along the lines of Roy Rogers, Dale Evans, and Gene Autry. I think the neighbors must think we have lost it! Out there wearing our cowboy/girl hats and singing "Don't ever fall in love with a cowboy"! :lol:

Heritage Homestead":eo693im9 said:
I love singing to my rabbits as well. :) However unlike my family they don't seem to mind if I am off tune. :lol: They don't seem picky about the music either.
Now when we are working at herding the sheep they get songs along the lines of Roy Rogers, Dale Evans, and Gene Autry. I think the neighbors must think we have lost it! Out there wearing our cowboy/girl hats and singing "Don't ever fall in love with a cowboy"! :lol:

That would be a funny thing to see! LOL :lol: :p<br /><br />__________ Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:02 pm __________<br /><br />
hoodat":eo693im9 said:
CWD":eo693im9 said:

That is just too funny lol! But I sing to my animals too! Then If someone walks in the look at me like im crazy lol

Lol it's neat I'll have to look up ponyboy. I do the same thing with my tiel. Me: " Freddie! If your happy and ya know it grind your beak! If your happy and ya know it grind your beak! If you're happy and ya know it and ya really wana show it, if your happy and ya know it grind your beak!"

I have
grind your beak
Flap around
Squawk all loud
Whistle 'round

Whatever I think of and I just go on and on sometimes. He whistles it though which is so cute!

People think I'm nuts but I don't care haha

Shelbers91":qcp8qmkw said:
Lol it's neat I'll have to look up ponyboy. I do the same thing with my tiel. Me: " Freddie! If your happy and ya know it grind your beak! If your happy and ya know it grind your beak! If you're happy and ya know it and ya really wana show it, if your happy and ya know it grind your beak!"

I have
grind your beak
Flap around
Squawk all loud
Whistle 'round

Whatever I think of and I just go on and on sometimes. He whistles it though which is so cute!

People think I'm nuts but I don't care haha

Here's a real old version of it but my words go:
Bunny Boy, Bunny Boy
Won't you be my Bunny Boy?
Don't say no
Here we go
Off across the lawn
Hippity hop, never stop
Oer the fields we go
Giddyup, giddyup, giyyup WHOOOOAH
My Bunny Boy
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZZ1ItQB76Q[/youtube]

Singing is good for the soul-- and who cares about being able to carry a tune? Isn't there a statement in 'The Bible" that says something like "make a joyful NOISE unto the Lord"? yeah, I sing lullabies to my crew...

Wow havnt heard a voice like that in years. That's cool though thanks for sharing :)

I sing different songs to both my birds when we are in the car. I could have the radio on but I wa t them to know I am there (they are in a carrier) Freddie's song is if your happy and ya know it though my Buster doesn't have a song. Poor Buster. Had that Budgie about 4 years since she was a wee babe at a few months age, but she just doesn't mimic people and is very very stubborn, but that's just her lol

Well I got busted today.
I was in PETSCO. and there was a young lady with a very cute young bunny.
she was showing her off to anyone that wanted to see her.
of course I looked at her, and then it happened. I started singing to her bunny.
my wife said I first started babbling to it like a baby, then the singing started, she said she had never heard the song I was singing, and figured I was making it up as I went along.
I can't sing to save my life, but I must have done a good job. the young lady was singing to her bunny as I walked away.
and she was still singing at the check out.

Back