Silver fox

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailwagging

Reaction score
I found someone who raises blue, chocolate and black. $100.00 for a trio but over 3 hours way.too far to just see if I like them.
I am very picky about my breeds that I get into but I hear such good things about them that I am kinda, maybe interested.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post pictures if you have them.

8 weeks old this Thursday, pics were taken Sunday I think.
They really started getting their silver on early, My mature bucks and does didn't fully silver out until 5-6 months old.
In fact, my buck still hasn't, and never will since he is 18 months old now. His face and forehead never did silver out.
Anyways, MORE PICS!
==
sfsatinblack01.JPG

==
sfsatinblack02.JPG

==
sfsatinblack03.JPG

==
sfsatinblack04.JPG

==
sfsatinblack05.JPG

==
sfsatinblack06.JPG

Thats a mosquito on his face, not a blemish =)
==
sfsatinblack07.JPG

==

I had the pleasure of transporting 3 adults on that long Drift thing I did a month ago. the Silver fox are truly gorgeous animals. Fur is VERY thick, with those silver or gold tips. Big critters. and not the NICEST of creatures. (which I'm told is not unusual in the does). They traveled well tho. No fuss unless I tried to take them out of the carriers.

Wow, really Ann? Mine are so mellow, even when handling them. That was really the thing that drew me to the breed, sweet temperaments. So easy to handle for such a large rabbit...I'm glad I didn't wind up with one of those! LOL

If you are planning to raise show animals you need to keep in mind the chocolate and blue are not recognized colors. Altho the blue does have a COD out right now but i am unaware of how thats comming along though.

Both Chocolate and Blue have CODs and can be shown for exhibition purposes with a copy of the COD standard on hand. (You can not obtain legs on these colors.)

I love the blue. It is my favorite! I would like to have some chocolate, too.

PulpFaction":2xu0jzhu said:
Both Chocolate and Blue have CODs and can be shown for exhibition purposes with a copy of the COD standard on hand. (You can not obtain legs on these colors.)

Oh I didnt know the chocolates did thanks for the information :) I am also considering adding a few into my barn in the near future black and maybe some blues casue i also like the blues

I am new to this and know nothing about show rules but what is COD???
I must be nuts I just got into this last March with NZW and NZW/Cal mut and a few weeks ago I jumped in my car and drove 3 hours to buy a trio of blue silver fox. They are beautiful and I am so glad I did it. Of the three the buck is the sweetest. One of the does is nice and the other is rather aggressive. Here are pictures[album]496[/album][album]498[/album]

currituckbun":rphxuwo9 said:
I am new to this and know nothing about show rules but what is COD???
One of the does is nice and the other is rather aggressive.

COD is Certificate of Development, it shows you are working on breeding that color to the standard in hopes of having them admitted to the Standard.

Sometimes even does of a mellow breed will be cranky. It's a hormone thing, generally. I am not sure why some does get grouchy about things and some don't, mabye just like the difference between how some women have trouble with PMS and some don't, LOL.

Back