Silver didnt manage very well at all!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
She made a nice nest, made another one so then had two to choose from but when I found her two kits this morning, one was minus ears, neck and one front leg dead in the water bowl and the other one was just ribs and back legs but it was in the nest box at least.

Ugh!

Any ideas why she just had bits?

No problems with rats and many litters right now so it had to be the doe. :cry:

I will breed her again in a week, would do it sooner but we are going out of town for a few days and I don't want to breed her without backup for fostering.

How silly of me to be so disappointed but as she is half Rex and the buck is pure Rex, I was really excited about her kits.

Had to laugh at her today though, she thinks a nest box stuffed with fur is a WONDERFUL thing to have in this cold spell! :lol:

Day 30 for three first time does tomorrow. Temps in the teens.

*sigh*

Keep your fingers crossed please, this could get grim!

Aww, what a bummer. It's just gruesome to find parts. :(

I know how excited I was when I was on Leonis Rex Gen II and got Rex fur and a mane. I hope she does better next time.

Good luck with the other popples!

I hope she becomes a better momma. I just experienced the same thing with a doe I got last Feb. I bred her this summer and she lost the two she had . They never made it in the box. Then just recently she had a litter of 7 . She ate one and stomped the others to death. She gets one more try since she is a pedigree Silver Fox and has given me the rare chocolate color that I want.
I plan on whisking the kits away next time to a foster. I want her DNA.

I am wondering if she is alright now as she is thinner than she should be, esp. with a full feeder.

Chocolate Silver Fox eh? Sure sounds yummy! I hope she does better for you this time!

Latest posts

Back