Sick Rabbit???

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightnin1960

Reaction score
I got an older female rabbit that sounds somewhat like a gurgling sound but don't really know if it's just when she gets excited or not she a pretty much tame rabbit. she doesn't have a runny or messy nose. it's been like that for a while with no changes. Should I kill her or is she ok? She is a good breeder.

Hard to say without more details.

Gurgling noises are usually not a good sign. Last time I heard anything that I would personally describe as a gurgling noise, I had a kit choking to death on its own stomach contents.

If you think it's coming from her respiratory tract or nasal cavity, I would quarantine her immediately and watch her closely. I do have a few rabbits that drink so fast they start snoring water out their noses, but that's usually easy to tell apart from a more internal sounding gurgle.

yeah I'm not sure but it's been for quite some time and it doesn't seem to have gotten any worse. and it's not all the time but a fair amount of the time

Latest posts

Back