Show Sept. 8th in Cobleskill, NY

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamerz

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone was planning on going to this show?

I will be there, this will be the first show I actually show at.

Jane

Where is the Cobleskill show being held?
Who is the Show Sec. I hadn't taken notice of it.
What is the starting time and do you know who is judging?
What breeds are being shown? I might go if all other things
permit me to. I am looking for some new blood and might purchase a Satin.
My plans are always up in the air!
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

ottersatin":3evzjhlr said:
Thanks for the information Dreamerz,
I might even get there but it is very iffy.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Dennis, if you do go out there, maybe you could pass along to the show secretary (in a friendly sort of way) that Rita Peralta is no longer the ASRBA secretary, and that she hasn't been for over a year now.

If it weren't roughly 1,200 miles from here, I'd seriously consider making the trip. Alot of old memories of travelling on I-88 between Binghamton and Albany.

Random Rabbit":2uiwmu88 said:
Just look for the older(ish) couple with coffee cups in their hands...

That's not a very good word picture, RR... tell me, do the "olderish" couple have silvery, almost chinchilla colored highlights anywhere in their hair? :twisted:

MamaSheepdog":pit826vj said:
Random Rabbit":pit826vj said:

That's not a very good word picture, RR... tell me, do the "olderish" couple have silvery, almost chinchilla colored highlights anywhere in their hair? :twisted:
LOLOLOLOLOL<br /><br />__________ Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:45 pm __________<br /><br />Good Luck DreamerZ, Im having my 1st show that day in Eastern Oregon :)

MamaSheepdog":7x5ry3pl said:
Random Rabbit":7x5ry3pl said:

No chinchillaish to it... grey to whiteish for meish.

OK... how's this... Portly, non-youthful, couple with coffee cups clutched in their hands. Wandering round and round looking at All the rabbits. At times coming to rest near a small stack of Beautiful Gold colored rabbits. ( can You see us Now ????) :lol:

Random Rabbit":xcotrbku said:
( can You see us Now ????)

Yes, much better, RR. If ever I make it to New York, I will pick you out of the seething sea of humanity immediately! :coffeebath:

Random Rabbit":2p15r5wj said:
Ok. how's this... Portly, non-youthful, couple with coffee cups clutched in their hands. Wandering round and round looking at All the rabbits. At times coming to rest near a small stack of Beautiful Gold colored rabbits. ( can You see us Now ????)

I'll be the portly, non-youthful person, with chinchilla colored highlights in my hair, using a cane.
I will be wondering around looking confused, lost & scared ... will possibly have my daughter following me say NO louder & louder as the day goes on, trying to stop me from buying more buns.
I have only been to one other rabbit show & that was last years Cobleskill show & that was to pick up 19 buns ... so I think my daughter thinks I may do it again :lol:

Jane

Dreamerz":2xryyxx1 said:
I'll be the portly, non-youthful person, with chinchilla colored highlights in my hair, using a cane.
I will be wondering around looking confused, lost & scared ... will possibly have my daughter following me say NO louder & louder as the day goes on, trying to stop me from buying more buns.
I have only been to one other rabbit show & that was last years Cobleskill show & that was to pick up 19 buns ... so I think my daughter thinks I may do it again :lol:

Jane

I shall look for You there.

( and what better place to pick up More buns... than a show ????? :p )

__________ Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:37 pm __________

Home from the show......We got to meet Dreamerz and see her oh so cute Woolies !!! Had a great time chatting...about rabbits and having a homestead. Good visit.

Our Palominos did nicely as well. Our Sr Doe went BOB in both shows...hoping we can get her Third leg... to make up for my error this spring...( where i was thinking she was Still a 6/8...when she wasn't.. :cry: ) The doe got some very Nice comments from both judges.

We just about got everybunny and all our stuff In the car when the downpour hit. Oh My !!! for a while there i was reminded about Noah... and was wishing for an ark.... We drove west... thru the storm... by the time we got Home... the sky was breaking up...patches of blue appearing. It was a Fast but vicious little system !

Now to rest up and plan for our Next show............... :pancake:

Glad to hear you had a good time at the show. And your palominos did nicely.

Also glad you made it home safe. Been watching the weather channel and there is a huge front coming through. New York had tornado warnings. The Island had a tornado. We haven't seen anything yet, but the bird here are all seeking shelter. Crazy weather.

Karen

Random Rabbit":18cjjw82 said:
hoping we can get her Third leg... to make up for my error this spring...( where i was thinking she was Still a 6/8...when she wasn't.. :cry: )

Been there and done that. My blue herd buck would be a GC right now if I hadn't made that same error of oversight in May.

Great to hear that ya'll had a great day at the show. One day, I may very well get the wild hair to make the jaunt to upstate NY for a show.

Random Rabbit":15jh89p0 said:
SatinsRule":15jh89p0 said:
Great to hear that ya'll had a great day at the show. One day, I may very well get the wild hair to make the jaunt to upstate NY for a show.

I sincerely hope that day Does come. I would enjoy meeting You in person ! :welcomewagon:

Oh, don't put it past me. All it would take is the right situation with the right amount of time off from work to allow me the travel time each way and the trip would be on. Silly to think that I'd ever drive 1200 miles each way for a local rabbit show, but I'm crazy like that, and love to travel to that part of the country every once in a while.
:pickuptruck: Heck, I was stationed in Plattsburgh for 5 years at the first of my USAF career.

Sorry it has taken me a day to post about the show ... when I got home yesterday I was so tired I went right to sleep. :lol: I was so tired all day because I was still awake from the day before as I was too nervous about the show to sleep. Then today I had a Pow Wow I had promissed to attend, so I am just now getting a chance to relax & use the computer.

The show was a fun time getting to meet new people & see all the beautiful buns. Random Rabbit & her hubby were so sweet we talked rabbits & homesteads. Almost talked her into relocating a lil black jr. doe JW with me ... lol at least that is what we kept telling the owner, it was a new type of Palomino.

There were 27 JW entered but only two of us showing them so neither of us could win any legs :( Oh well such is life maybe next time. The other person who was showing the JWs has been breeding them & showing them for awhile, they told me they had 80 of them. I wish I could remember their rabbitry name but I can't but their names were Steven Buell & Connie Forward. They were very helpful Connie filled out my comment cards for me & Steven help me bring my rabbits up.

I also was good & didn't bring home any new buns.

Jane

Latest posts

Back