Show Prospects? & Momma

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagebrush

Reaction score
I am wondering how all you show people would evaluate these two and their momma bun.

First one is Cana who I got by default since the lady what was supposed to pick him up over a week ago never showed.
Cana9 (640x480).jpgCana8 (800x600).jpgCana6 (800x600).jpgCana belly (600x800).jpg

__________ Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:08 pm __________

Here is the doeling. She is un-named since I was not sure if she would be a good prospect or not.
006 (800x600).jpg007 (640x480).jpg008 (640x480).jpg009 (640x480).jpg010 (640x480).jpg

__________ Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:12 pm __________

Here is Momma bun, Sugar.
002 (800x600).jpg003 (600x800).jpg004 (800x600).jpg001 (600x800).jpg005 (800x600).jpg

I know none of these photos are very good but using what I have till I can get better. Please tell me what you think of them. :)

Hate to say but need to properly pose for best answers. As is, all seem to have OK markings but momma seems best, no drags or jags as bad as kids even though prefer to have blazes go evenly up. The faults will hurt them on the table, but I don't see any dqs. If you get a harsh judge ones with jags maybe DQ though, some are harsher than others. Lack hq and loin, seem flat and long even though dutch and pinched but might be the one pictures as in the others don't look that way. Nice head and ear, fair bone. Been a while since I've shown dutch though, maybe some one more in tune will chime in. Look up posing them and try again, may have to work with them a while, a bad pose can make a good rabbit ugly.

Thank you Rebel Rose. I know they are not exactly properly posed. I will keep working on it and try to get better photos. Any tips on how to get properly posed pictures?

Mama rabbit is really nice in both type & markings. I also like the blue rabbit. He appears to fall off over the hindquarters (could be a posing issue), markings could be more even & crisper. The doeling's a little long in the shoulder for me. If what I've run into this summer is any indication, judges would probably fuss that all 3 have stops that are too long & the undercuts could be cleaner (but that can be influenced dramatically by how the rabbit's held).

Best tip I have on getting good posed pictures is find someone who's got good fast-twitch reflexes to run the camera while you pose the rabbit! :camera3:

I have nothing to say regarding markings. The wonky leg would be a cull in my herd simply because it indicates to me an issue with the hips.

Latest posts

Back