should she have more?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintrider89

Reaction score
Found a dead kit with my doe today. She didn't have it in the nest box, and has yet to pull fur. She is a 10lb doe, and her last litter was 6. Should I expect more kits? The one I found looked rather ling and smooshed. She didn't bother to clean it. I checked her nest box, which she hasn't touched. She is day 33 now. I have offered her tums and changed out her water.

She doesn't have a in labor 'look' to me. But I assume she still could have more? Any advice would be great.

Stretched kits usually mean they were stuck. If she's an experience and large breed doe that is unusual so perhaps she will just have one really big kit but I've had does take 2 days to give birth to all the litter so time will tell.

I read some advice on another thread and there were a couple of people saying if you think a doe has retained kits to put her outside in a large run and encourage her to run around. I could imagine the exercise and increased blood flow might get things moving.

Latest posts

Back