Should I pull the nest box

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr farms

Reaction score
I use rubber made containers for houses. My New Zealand red is due anytime so I made her a nesting box with pine chips straw and hay she pulled it all out and moved it into the rubber mate. Should I remove the nest box?

Does the rubber house have a bottom (hardware cloth or otherwise) or is it open to the cage bottom (assuming 1/2x1 cage floor).

If it has a bottom that will protect the kits from getting stuck in the cage wire I would remove the next box and let her kindle where she is obviously comfortable .... If it doesn't have a bottom to protect the kits , I'd remove the house and she'll figure it out.

No the rubber made container has the lid for the bottom. Always I use cardboard in the cage then the 1/2 x 1/2 wire on the buttom..

I'd remove the rubber container .... using it as a nest box , it'll get dirty as the waste & fluids will collect in the bottom rather than fall thru. Waste = potential for bacteria.

Latest posts

Back