Should I bother?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert Rose Rabbits

Reaction score
So, one of my does is notoriously hard to breed. Right now, we're on just over a week in trying to get her in the mood. This is the third time this has happened so I don't feel that it has anything to do with the season or lack of light. She's just freakishly hard to breed. I was hoping to get another litter out of her (if I can get her bred, this'll be her third litter with us) because she is a fantastic milk producer and I'd like to hold back one of her girls if possible. I just don't know if it's worth holding onto her at this point. All she does is eat, and poop. She's a money pit, really.

I'll give her another go today, but I'm really tempted to just be done with it.

I would keep putting her in with a buck daily, till you get results.
If she is a good mom and plently of milk, then it sounds like she should
be able to earn her keep. If you can get at least one more litter out of
her, you could raise a couple of replacement females from her.
Do you have enough other adult does if you get rid of one ?
What breed of rabbit is she ?

I only have one other adult doe (was agreeable the first time around!). This PIA doe is a cali/chin, and she's a month short of 2 years old. The oldest doe I have right now that's been held back is 4.5 months old. Bringing in another doe isn't an option at this point as I have a light strain of pasteurella that's taken up residence in the herd.

Latest posts

Back