'Shedding Monsters' Picture Thread

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secuono

Reaction score
So, it's that time of year again. We're having to wear more layers, use our laptop chargers as foot warmers and rabbits are in full blown crazy molts!

Share your hairy shedding monster rabbit pictures!

Some of mine have really gone with the monster full look.

Every time I go out there, it looks like he's nesting! You can't quite see it, but his back is fuzzy like he has a layer of fluff floating around him.
image.php

Close-up of Jasna's butt.
image.php

:lol:

I haven't had any of mine go shaggy monster this year so far, but Thumper does kinda look like a double-maned lionhead without the mane. It's not very obvious, though... I'll have to see if it shows in a pic.<br /><br />__________ Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:04 am __________<br /><br />
Secuono":3c04cia0 said:
Every time I go out there, it looks like he's nesting!
Well, he does have baby-saver wire... :mrgreen: :lol:

I should of taken a picture of one of my does....a few weeks ago it was just full blow, nasty molt. Up until half her butt and her legs, was super short new fur. She looked AWFUL. Now she's getting pretty XD Most of mine have gotten past molting or are going to start soon. I better not say Convention to loud around my hopefuls

Secuono":jti8fu6x said:
Every time I go out there, it looks like he's nesting!

>.> I have a male that did...he was just starting his molt i put hay in his hay rack...that night a doe gave birth near him...so he built his own nest...with hay and pulled molting fur in the corner nearest to her o_O I just figure he is a big sweetheart and thought he was helping :p

No pics for me, but I have a single-maned Lion Lop spay, Fiona, that is shedding like mad. I was out there petting her and pulling out clumps of fur lol. The Mini Rex are doing nothing, but Anwen, my American Sable, is shedding a little. Fiona is the worst. Might have to take a brush to her.

Hilariously, spiders are a big thing around here (wooded yard) and I have so many webs that look like very thin felt right now. :lol:

The Woolies are in full molt. The Rex have just finished.

Attachments

• Picture 214.jpg
    Picture 214.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 269
Yeah, molting here too. I think there is almost more hair in their poop trays than poop. We have to turn off the fans when we are cleaning cages and trays, otherwise there is hair everywhere!

Mine are shedding, more than molting. Still annoying! :lol:

Between the rabbits blowing their fur and the chickens ditching feathers it looks like I have been fighting them in our yard. I went back the other day and counted chickens there were so many feathers I thought for sure one had been attacked.

I've been goin' through tank after tank of propane
burning the hair off the cages!!

I'll be glad when this is over. The molt is slowing a little.

grumpy.

Latest posts

Back