She just keeps on giving surprises!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dood":1z41uvs9 said:
Tort and palomino both have the recessive version "ee" so ALL kits from this pairing will have non-extension. Both parents also both "C cchl " assuming your white pointed bunny doesn't have pink/red eyes.

After I take new pictures today, I will start a new post with pics and what I think the genetics are. The only rabbits in my herd that don't have 'ee' are my Agoutis. My Agoutis have to be 'Ee' based on what they are throwing. Look forward to your continued help.

Both parents are definately steel. Everything I've read, and my own experience, says Es e covers up all the banding with black, sometimes with a little ticking left over -- but not enough to look like a steel the way yours do, especially Goof Ball.

So I'm still stumped about the red kits.

What are you confused about with the fawn/red? Is it that you believe...

Steel must have Es E

This is incorrect. Steel is dominant (although it has incomplete dominance and will be affected by the E locus gene it is paired with) to agouti, to japanese and to self ( I dont know how it reacts to broken "En _")

A steel looking rabbit can have the following genotype
Es Es
Es E
Es ej
Es e

Since the steel buck had a fawn kit he is "Es e"

Latest posts

Back