She graduated!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaR

Reaction score
Our guide dog puppy we raised has graduated and is now living in California!! :clap: She is the 5th pup out of 8 to graduate. We still have the GSD that will be returned in August to start her formal training, hopefully she graduated too.

Here is the picture they sent us of Zora and her new partner.

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 925
Congratulations !!! I have the highest respect for those who can raise a pup...knowing that they will not be keeping it... and that That puppy will be the devoted helper and companion for someone who NEEDS that help !

Good Work !!!

Thanks! It is hard to give them up, thats why we keep getting new puppies :oops: kind of takes our mind off the one we just turned in. My kids have already put in an order for a standard poodle, if one is available when we return Emily. :roll:

I have also contemplated being a breeder raiser, but with that we would have to take her to Columbus when she goes into heat, then pick her up, then when the pups are 6 weeks old another trip down there, and that is a 90 mile drive with gas being not so cheap.

The picture didnt want to scan right so it kind of turned out weird.

What a great thing your doing :) Good Job<br /><br />__________ Thu May 10, 2012 5:22 pm __________<br /><br />What a great thing your doing :) Good Job

She was definitly a sweetheart! She let my daughter who was 7 at the time, paint her nails. :lol:

Attachments

• 100_6057.JPG
    100_6057.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 879
Congrats. I bet Dobes make the best guide dogs ever. They are incredibly smart velcro dogs that are 100% concerned about their owners at all times.

they do make good guide dogs, we have raised 4 dobes and everyone has passed the test. The only 2 that we raised that didnt graduate was a boxer, and a poodle. The poodle did pass all the tests but when she was placed with her partner she became to protective of him and wouldnt let people she didnt know aproach him so they had to pull her from the program.

Latest posts

Back