Shaking does

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had some mother's panting the last few days with it only being 20 celsius. Also have crap butts. They aren't touching hay either when usually it's gone and they're itching for more what could this be? I gave them dandelions yesterday could this have any effect?

Are you sure herbicide or something wasn't accidentally sprayed on the area where you picked the dandelions? Have they ever had dandelions or grass before? I'm not sure how hot 20 celsius is but when it's hot here my rabbits barely pick at their food. Are they drinking plenty of water? What I do during summer is also add electrolytes to their water, it seems to help a lot. You could also try adding a probiotic. Do they have diarrhea or just messy bottoms?

Are they pregnant or nursing? That adds extra stress on top of the heat. We are experiencing a heatwave right now, it’s 33°C and my bucks are fine, just relaxing and eating less. But my pregnant does, due tomorrow, are eating less, laying flat and breathing super fast... have been the last few days. Even with cool water, ice packs to lay with and Ive misted their ears, it doesn’t change much, but as soon as evening hits and it cools down, they’re up and active and eating again. The temps are just harder to handle when pregnant or lactating, so theres more stress and why it’s best not to breed in high heat. This heatwave is awful timing, but should be back to normal in a few days. My one doe tonight even had some soft poop smeared on her rest mat and feet. I wasnt sure why but maybe stress too? I saw her do a few regular ones while doing chores so I’m not worried about that.

Are you sure herbicide or something wasn't accidentally sprayed on the area where you picked the dandelions? Have they ever had dandelions or grass before? I'm not sure how hot 20 celsius is but when it's hot here my rabbits barely pick at their food. Are they drinking plenty of water? What I do during summer is also add electrolytes to their water, it seems to help a lot. You could also try adding a probiotic. Do they have diarrhea or just messy bottoms?
What do you add for an electrolyte? I want to tuck this away as an option if ever needed.

Latest posts

Back