Sexing Kits...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I check them the first time at 3wks and at 5wks I check again to see if I'm right or they changed on me, lol.

Check March 5th, then again on the 12th, then on the 19th. Make notes each time and compare each week. Then you will know when YOU are able to tell whether they are bucks or does. It differs from person to person. I can sex them at 3-4 weeks (I have never actually tried to do it sooner than that), but some people cannot sex them until much later. It takes some practice. Have you had anyone show you how to sex them, or have you seen pictures?

Males have a tube that comes up and a dot. Females have more of a cone shape and a line.

Jessykah":29fw5otn said:
Check March 5th, then again on the 12th, then on the 19th. Make notes each time and compare each week. Then you will know when YOU are able to tell whether they are bucks or does. It differs from person to person. I can sex them at 3-4 weeks (I have never actually tried to do it sooner than that), but some people cannot sex them until much later. It takes some practice. Have you had anyone show you how to sex them, or have you seen pictures?

Thank you I will check on those day.....

__________ Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:32 pm __________

ChickiesnBunnies":29fw5otn said:
Males have a tube that comes up and a dot. Females have more of a cone shape and a line.

Just by any change do you happen to know where I can get some pics at?

__________ Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:01 pm __________<br /><br />__________ Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:03 pm __________<br /><br />Could someone try to sex these to pics? its 2 pic of the same baby....

Attachments

• 0303122041.jpg
    0303122041.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 934
  • 0303122041a.jpg
    0303122041a.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 934
Looks like a doe to me ... but I first sexed bunnies a few weeks ago and then about 4 days later when the bucks started trying to mount the does :lol: I had 3 change sex but have gotten them all straightened out now :D

If you are pressing hard enough, I would say that is a doe.
A doe has a slit from top to bottom and one end is slightly pointy when more mature...a buck's sticks up taller, is round with a smaller slit or hole that is more like a perfect circle.

Baby buns pics (not the greatest pics I could find): 1st pic is a doe. Second is a buck.

Attachments

• male.jpg
    male.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 926
  • female.jpg
    female.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 926
Back