sexing kit help

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curiouslagomorph

Reaction score
Hi, I'm usually very good at this. but the heat is making me very tired, my brain mushy and my autism is making me second guess.

I kept thinking that they were all does (at 4 weeks), due to them not popping out much (and unable to spot hole or slit well).
but checking again at 7 weeks I don't think that's the case.

what's throwing me is the genitals have a hole instead of a slit but I expected them to protrude more.

Now I think that I I have 3 bucks and 1 doe.

ps. kits are a bit grubby (they pile on each other and toilet corner) and need a clean.
also I have contact dermatitis so hands are dry and cracked.

1. black spot comparison (1) (1).jpg
I believe that this is the doe due to the slit. second part is it pushed farthest out.

2. blue comparison.jpg
Is this one a male? its a lot rounder than i thought and doesn't stick out that far. but it has a hole.

3. blue spot comparison (1).jpg
same thing. Is this one a male? its a lot rounder than i thought and doesn't stick out that far. but it has a hole.

4. blk otter comparison.jpg
and same thing again. Is this one a male? its a lot rounder than i thought and doesn't stick out that far. but it has a hole.

I believe the doe is the first picture.

but are these other three rabbits males or really weird females?
they look round with a hole, but don't poke out much.

what do you think,?

thanks for the help, this heat is making my brain mush and my autism second guess everything.

Hi, I'm usually very good at this. but the heat is making me very tired, my brain mushy and my autism is making me second guess.

I kept thinking that they were all does (at 4 weeks), due to them not popping out much (and unable to spot hole or slit well).
but checking again at 7 weeks I don't think that's the case.

what's throwing me is the genitals have a hole instead of a slit but I expected them to protrude more.

Now I think that I I have 3 bucks and 1 doe.

ps. kits are a bit grubby (they pile on each other and toilet corner) and need a clean.
also I have contact dermatitis so hands are dry and cracked.

View attachment 36230
I believe that this is the doe due to the slit. second part is it pushed farthest out.

View attachment 36231
Is this one a male? its a lot rounder than i thought and doesn't stick out that far. but it has a hole.

View attachment 36232
same thing. Is this one a male? its a lot rounder than i thought and doesn't stick out that far. but it has a hole.

View attachment 36233
and same thing again. Is this one a male? its a lot rounder than i thought and doesn't stick out that far. but it has a hole.

I believe the doe is the first picture.

but are these other three rabbits males or really weird females?
they look round with a hole, but don't poke out much.

what do you think,?

thanks for the help, this heat is making my brain mush and my autism second guess everything.
I'd agree with your calls of doe, buck, buck, buck (goose! :LOL:).

The amount of protrusion isn't super important, rather it's the shape you're looking for: the tissue on a buck is forming a tube to enclose the penis, which after a certain point in development will protrude from the tube.

Not only does a doe's opening look like a slit rather than a hole, but the orifice ends very close to the anus. In a buck, depending on the stage of development and the pressure applied, it can look a bit slit-like too, but the opening will be well-separated from the anus.

I'd agree with your calls of doe, buck, buck, buck (goose! :LOL:).

The amount of protrusion isn't super important, rather it's the shape you're looking for: the tissue on a buck is forming a tube to enclose the penis, which after a certain point in development will protrude from the tube.

Not only does a doe's opening look like a slit rather than a hole, but the orifice ends very close to the anus. In a buck, depending on the stage of development and the pressure applied, it can look a bit slit-like too, but the opening will be well-separated from the anus.
Thank you

Latest posts

Back