Sent 16 to "Rehab"....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosted Rabbits

Reaction score
well, finally got things set up-- and 16 rabbits went to 'rehab' today. I kept the two white kits-- one from Wilma and one from Marsha. Both MR bucks went--I decided to be a little practical--Since the one buck threw maned kits-- I do not want the genetics. And I didn't want to keep his brother, anyway. So, I went from 21 wriggling noses down to five in less than 5 minutes. There is a Bobcat at a wildlife rehab facility in Pa that is going to be very happy.. Only three cages to clean, now, too!!! :bunnyhop:

The volunteer who came to pick the buns up has a blue eyed white buck that I can borrow to cover Wilma the next time she comes out-- That way, I should definitely get the blue eyed babies I want.. :)

Yes, I decided, that since I cannot actually rehab wildlife, and I do want to experiment with the genetics I do have, I will produce food for Mr Bob Cat. :D

MaggieJ":1cmobf2j said:
A good use for them... but don't you eat rabbit yourself, Terry?

I am just not currently up to the job of dispatching and freezing the little boogers. The adult MR were just over 2 pounds, the oldest kits just under 2 pounds--the same amount of work to process a 5 pounder as a 2 pounder--Rascal's testicles have dropped-- so perhaps next go round, I will. After all, Rascal's babies should be quite a bit larger, given that he is NOT a mini breed! And there IS barbeque sauce in the pantry-- :twisted:

That's pretty awesome of you to do.

Rehabs are a great source to help get rid of any extras. I used to volunteer for a local raptor rehab until I just ran out of time to do so. I still support them by sending extra feeder rats I raise, and will send rabbits when I have extras as well.

They're usually grateful for any help they can get!

Latest posts

Back