senior project

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that all three of the babies are females because they were all the same and they didn't have any visible male parts. Is it okay if they stay in the same cage just until winter ends and I can get a better cage set up?

If they are for sure all females, probably so. I have had good luck keeping the girls together, and especially in the winter they cuddle to stay warmer. But you better be sure they're all girls!

What does it mean if your rabbits are making skeaking noises whenever they see someone or my dog?<br /><br />__________ Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:43 pm __________<br /><br />I apoligize I meant squeaked not whatever I put. I was just wonderin because I have had my rabbits for 4 years and they never made any noise.

It probably means they don't like dogs or people, squeaking, growling, tooth grinding and foot stomping all mean "eek, stay away!! Look Out!" Real loud squealing means "I'm terrified!"...handle them lots, they will get used to whatever is normal.

I had 3 girls together all born on Nov 29, 2010, I had to separate them at 11 wks. I went in one morning and there was fur all over and 2 of them had bites on their ears. Separated them right away and everyone is now fine. In the future I will be separating bucks and does at 8 wks and does at 10 wks, just to be safe. :)

I am also a freshman who is trying to start a rabbitry also ( bunny farm might not be a good name to call your project. rabbitry a more profesional term)
First thing you need to do is get a standard of prefection and go to a rabbit show. Even if you don't want to show rabbits. going to rabbit show gives you the chance to see diffrent breeds and meet breeders. join the abra if you are intrested in showing rabbits and live in america. What breed are rabbits you already have? If you don't know then I suggest to choose a breed for this project and try to find a breeder. Also make shure that rabbit has a pedigree. I highly suggest getting the storey's guide for raising rabbits 4th edition witch can be found at tractor supply or amazon. It has a ton of good information that is hard to find on web. Get involved with 4h or the ffa(take vet tech classes ...). Join your states rabbit club.....if you need any more help just let me know.
also on selling your rabbits for meat or for pets that entirly up to you. If you do choose a breed then you could always sell breeding stock . Its your choice of what you want to sell your rabbits for.
here is good website with breed ect(abra website)
http://www.arba.net/Breeds.htm

Latest posts

Back