Selling unprocessed skins

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you ever want to sell them and you have whole skins (head/ears/feet/tail included) I'd likely be interested. I'm a taxidermist so I'm always looking for a good supplier of whole furs that have minimal skinning holes in them, lol! Unprocessed skins usually go for around 2-5$ though, and you have to ship them in a particular manner or they get ruined.
How do you need them shipped so they don't get ruined? I am looking to sell rabbit whole skins and I'd be interested in working with you if possible.

Years ago I use to trap and sell coon hides in Louisiana in the deep Cajun country to fur buyers that would come in to buy furs. They wouldn't touch back then any kind of fur if you didn't know how to properly skin and roll inside out and freeze your hides so they can unroll and inspect the fat on the inside of your hide. They would also check to see that you skinned the animals all the way from it's nose to it's tail without cutting the hide down the middle. You had to roll the hide off the animals whole from head to tail. I sold tons of hides but never anything like possums or rabbits back then for wasn't worth it. Now times could have changed. But the animals that's hides that wasn't sellable their meat sure was as long as I left one paw on it when I went around to some folks homes I know in town those elderly lady loved it. Anyway still worth checking into. Now I am talking about real fur buyers not taxidermists they aren't who trappers was selling to and getting top dollar. On buying day trappers from miles around with hundreds of pelts would could to sell. It was like an old TV show in back woods and the swamps around. Lol

Last edited:
If you ever want to sell them and you have whole skins (head/ears/feet/tail included) I'd likely be interested. I'm a taxidermist so I'm always looking for a good supplier of whole furs that have minimal skinning holes in them, lol! Unprocessed skins usually go for around 2-5$ though, and you have to ship them in a particular manner or they get ruined.
How do I ship rabbit hide?
I need the demand

Back