Selling Price for Meat Rabbits in Texas

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2J_Rabbits

Reaction score
I am trying to get an idea of what the selling price is for rabbits in Texas. I have heard anywhere from $5 - $9 butchered, and $4 live. Anyone in Texas have any recent prices?

You would not even break even at those prices. I charge $2.50lb live weight, whether I butcher or they do.

I agree. I would love to find someone selling them that low so I could stock up on $4 rabbits to raise for breeders. LOL I've had the hardest time finding meat rabbits much less cheap ones. I finally have about half the # I wanted and am growing the other half out of the offspring. $10-$15 is what I have found on a good day. Most are $20 even at flea markets.

man I wish i was in texas lol we are selling em up here for around 5 6 bucks a head for butcher rabbits at the sales so i have been taking em to the slaughter buyers wen i sell live but they never give more than a buck a pound and thats for 5 to 6 pounders they give less for smaller and less for bigger. I sell butchered for 3 a pound but my market has withered away latly with the economy

This summer is proving to me that perhaps the reason rabbits are more scarce in Texas is the heat. It's been extremely hot this year.

Legacy":2b49r081 said:
This summer is proving to me that perhaps the reason rabbits are more scarce in Texas is the heat. It's been extremely hot this year.
I tried raising rabbits in Oklahoma and those 100+ degree Summers are definitely a problem but if rabbits are scarce there why are they selling as cheap as the prices the OP quoted?

hoodat":1h6gtq6a said:
... but if rabbits are scarce there why are they selling as cheap as the prices the OP quoted?

Um... They aren't. Either the OP was wrong or the op needs to hook me up with some rabbits :D

You CAN find some folks selling for those prices, but not any rabbits I would want to sell, let alone EAT! You get what you pay for....

Hummm for a couple of years now I've been getting $10-15.00each for fryers or just weaned bunnys, I try not to sell the fryers,I'm in east Texas with a doz. does I have had a hard time filling my orders,this heat has slowed every thing down,and I'm recovering from another stroke myself. :mrgreen: :( :?

Latest posts

Back