Selling pedigreed without a registered rabbitry?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Buns

Reaction score
Just wondering....can one 'officially' sell pedigreed rabbits without an ARBA registered rabbitry? I've come across some I'd like to buy but when I inquired the breeder said she isn't registered anywhere. Are the kits she sells (and I want to buy) pedigreed simply because the parents are allegedly pedigreed? Don't want to waste my money if I find out they aren't....

You don't need to register a rabbit or a rabbitry to have a pedigree. Much more common to sell rabbits that simply have a pedigree. Trusted breeders will have quality rabbits with pedigrees and may or may not have them registered or even have a registered rabbitry Not a problem. It's just a matter of preference.

You don't have to have a registered rabbitry to sell a rabbit that you have breed with a pedigree. Assuming of course the pedigree is correct to the best of your knowledge.

Being a registered rabbitry means nothing more than you paid your ARBA dues and then paid to get your certificate...doesn't make you any more qualified than any other breeder with good stock... :)

Latest posts

Back