Selling Out of Jersey Woolies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KKRabbitry

Reaction score
So we recently made the sad and difficult decision to sell out of Jersey Woolies :(
Considering I will be off to College this fall we really need to downsize our rabbitry dramatically so things are easier for my Mom to manage mostly by herself.
Jersey Woolies are the breed that got booted. They take more maintenance then the rest of breeds due to grooming, and they are not as productive compared to our other breeds. We both agree it is the best decision.

Still it is kinda sad. We have invested a lot into our JWs, and we have developed a pretty competitive herd over the past few years.
Plus I just enjoy them the most....they are cute, sweet, fluffy, and fun to show. They are, and probably always will be one of my top two favorite breeds. (Jersey Woolies and Mini Lops.)

On the bright side, it will give a lot more room to grow out Mini lops. I have realized how hard it is to be competitive in more than a few breeds, so I think long term it will be good that we are narrowing our focus.

My Mom also loves the Lionheads, and wants to work on them. They are similar to JWs in some ways, so that makes it easier. I'll be able to focus almost solely on Mini lops, and we always have some Holland Lops around.

Maybe I will be able to get back into them someday. I hope so.

Anyone, if anyone is wanting Jersey Woolies they are all posted here http://kkrabbits.yolasite.com/jersey-wooly.php
Over 20+ available, plus upcoming Jrs. not yet posted. We are selling every last one.

Wow. It is going to be weird having 20 empty holes in the rabbitry.

Changes, changes, changes.................

It's sad to hear you are selling out of your Jersey Woolies. I can vouch that you have some beautiful bunnies. It's very tempting, because Woolies are still my favorite small breed as well.

I understand that hard decisions have to be made sometimes. I hope you can find great show homes for your fuzzy wuzzies. Good luck at college. Hope you are going to the GOOD one, you know, the one with STATE in the middle!

Back