Selling meat in CAlifornia

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In England they have 'green-top' raw milk that is required to be sold at the 'farm gate', can not be sold off of the farm. 'Green-top' is the milk that the Queen is said to drink.
So, since many of our laws originated from England, the part about selling from your home, and the history of it, might be researched from using the keywords 'Green-top' milk, if anyone wants to go that far.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rpets.html

Does your city or county allow you to run a business from home that customers come to? I know in the City I lived in in VA you could have a home based business but couldn't conduct business with customers on your property. The example I was given say you repaired lawnmowers, customers couldn't come to your house to pick them up.

The guy from CDFA stressed I had to sell the meat directly from my property. 🤔 I wonder if there is another law about farmers markets? something more to look into. 💤 another day.I will share the email he sends me. :mailman:<br /><br />__________ Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:50 pm __________<br /><br />I got a reply. He sent me a pdf file with information about rabbits and poultry. I am not able to cut and paste it. If anyone would like me to send them a copy send me a note with your email. I do not know if there is any way to post it here. From what it is saying selling rabbit meat is allowed at farmers markets.

Latest posts

Back