Seeds from Plantain & QAL

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamerz

Reaction score
I know this is going to sound strange but, if you want any Common Plantain (Plantago major) or Queen Anne's Lace (Daucus carota) seeds I can send you some.

Jane

Thanks, I wasn't sure. I just have the seeds since I am trying to put up some greens for the winter & since I have a bunch of both growing all over my yard I didn't need anymore seeds myself.

Jane

We have done it before - in fact I can probably harvest plantain seed for anybody in Ontario who wants it too :)

I have shepherd's purse pods dried. I haven't threshed them yet so don't know how good the harvest is, but I should have at least some to share.

Shepherd's purse is useful to fight diarrhea and is also a herb with applications during labour and delivery. It is great to have some available for kits with poopy butt. It is a safe forage green as well, but it is straggly so you don't get much. It should be possible to grow it in pots for winter use... it's an annual.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsella_bursa-pastoris

Dreamerz":x0vtswly said:
I know this is going to sound strange but, if you want any Common Plantain (Plantago major) or Queen Anne's Lace (Daucus carota) seeds I can send you some.

Jane

Jane, I would love to have some of these seeds! Let me know what to do, I can send SASE envelope.

Shannon

Dreamerz":2gl6jn1f said:

Jane
Jane, if you would harvest them for me, I would love some-- I am feeding as much of each plant as possible areound here-- cutting them before they seed, for higher nutritional values---

I have not received any seeds....anyone know it they got sent out yet or not....?

Shannon

I'd love to have some plantain seed. It doesn't grow wild here very often. I can send you an SASE if you PM me your address. If you wish I can also include some French dandelion seed as a swap.

Back