Second opinion please

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter1A

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all. Doe had 7 kits 3 days ago, well today is day 3. She is feeding but one looks like it could use some more. Do I mix up some formula and try to feed them some more or should I just let her do her job? One does look like it could eat more but??? I may cause more harm than good. I got the recipe from here, and am tempted to try it.

Set them (in their nest box) in a SAFE and separate place away from the Doe for a few hours, then feed the smallest one specifically on the Doe

Or you can take out the two fattest kits for one feeding, 2 others the next day. Missing a feeding wont hurt them but reduced competition gives the little one a better chance.
Keep the kits warm in a well insulated nest, like a bucket lined with folded towels, or so. And somewhere where they can't get anywhere should they decide to wander off, which isn't likely at that age.

OK thanks. Anyone ever use their furs to line the bucket with? I got plenty of them and didn't put any chemical on them. One on the bottom of them and one on top? It's warm here today.

Although they seem to need litle air, I would expect that it gets pretty stuffy in there pretty quick between two layers of skin. As lower lining, ok, but I wouldn't enclose them with it.
Towels are easier to clean though.

Although they seem to need litle air, I would expect that it gets pretty stuffy in there pretty quick between two layers of skin. As lower lining, ok, but I wouldn't enclose them with it.
Towels are easier to clean though.
good point. This morning, day 4, they all seem ok. The one still seems a bit small but doe is feeding so I'm going to let it be since they were all pretty active at 6am. She probably just fed. I should mount a camera.

Latest posts

Back