Scared rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosima

Reaction score
I have a rabbit that is scared of me. He is new but he is not warm up like the other rabbit he came with. he is not really scared he just does not like to be touched and it is a little hard to pick him up because of that. I can see how it can turn into a problem especially because I can’t really reach the back of the cage so some suggestions would be helpful.

Give him a little more time to settle in - I wouldn't try and pick him up or pet him.

I have a rabbit that is scared of me. He is new but he is not warm up like the other rabbit he came with. he is not really scared he just does not like to be touched and it is a little hard to pick him up because of that. I can see how it can turn into a problem especially because I can’t really reach the back of the cage so some suggestions would be helpful.
If you find a favorite treat, you may earn his trust overtime c: don't try picking him up yet, some bunnies really just won't be picked up, that's ok! You may find a certain way to pick him up, my Tan only will let me if I support his chest and lift him that way, some of my rabbits only will if I pick them up by the scruff and support their butt, others are like cats! I take in feral rescues a lot, some just need a little extra time! Patience, gentleness, and kindness are key! Bunnies like dried papaya, pineapple, banana chips, etc. There's a brand of treats Nibble Rings that my bunnies are obsessed with! Try offering a treat, if he won't take it, set it down, when he picks it up, try to pet his sides and stomach, but be slow and back off if he freaks out! It's a lengthy process but you may get there

Latest posts

Back