Saying goodbye to Rabbits!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asinaway

Reaction score
Well today made it official I no longer have any rabbits. Its kind of weird honestly because I can't remember a time when I did not have rabbits. My husband noticed that I honestly was not really interested in them as much as I had in the past and he sat me down to have that talk. We decided our heart is really no longer in it, shows are all 3-4 hours away. Money has never been a huge issue, but our pockets were getting eaten up by these trips, and at this point we are looking into pursuing fertility help or adoption which is going to be so expensive. (why adoption is so expensive kills me but that's for another discussion)

I sold all the rabbits tonight to a great show family with five girls, who have some super nice mini lops to add to their show teams. And my good friend is getting all my cages and equipment.

I'm kind of sad, but relieved. I have been lying to myself for a few months saying I was still going to do this, but I have other hobbies I want to pursue and so I say goodbye to rabbits for now, maybe later in life I'll pick them back up, maybe not.

I really probably wont be on here much, I'll come in and check things out because I do enjoying what everyone has to say.

So with that all said, I bid you all farewell and good luck with your future and current buns! :pirate:

So sad to see you leave! If your heart isn't in it though, they can become a chore and you might burn yourself out for good.

Glad to see that the Mini Lops are in good show hands and that you can enjoy upcoming adventures in your life.

Goodluck with your new adventure! :)

I can understand your decision. When a hobby is no longer fun/enjoyable it becomes a real drag. better to let the rabbits go, pursue other avenues, and then, if the spark re-ignites some fire, you know you have a place to come back to! After all, we enablers won't let ya down...

Aw... I'm sorry to hear it, but I understand. :) It sounds like you made the right decision.

God bless y'all with children, and in your other pursuits. :D

Realizing and embracing changing priorities in life can be a challenge. I say, "Good for you".

I wish you all the best in expanding your family. I will send up a prayer for God's help.

May God be with you where ever you are, what ever you do and I hope he brings you a little one soon. Bless your heart and I hope we see you back on here some day!! Best wishes. Amy :)

Take care of yourself, and I hope all goes well, and that your family will grow :)

Thank you everyone,... So I just found out today I am pregnant. Things work in mysterious ways let me tell you. We had slim to no chance of ever getting pregnant without help and bam! :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby:

Back