Saved kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickey328

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All. I really could use some advice. This afternoon, my NZ doe had 8 kits...7 icy cold in the box and when I found her, she was eating one. While she pulled enough fur, she hadn't covered them up. I've got them all warm and squirmy now...well lost the smallest, but the others seem fairly lively.

My question is...should I put them in the nestbox, cover them with the fur and hope she looks after them, or should I bring the box in and just take it to her twice a day for nursing?

I'm really puzzled...she's had several successful litters before, though with her previous owner, and they're in the garage so there wouldn't have been any predator to startle her.

If I was in this situation I would put them with the doe and check frequently to make sure things are going smoothly. I would bring them in the house before bed and put them out in the morni g and check frequently again and then decide if she has clued in. However I work from home so can do frequent check ins.

Latest posts

Back