Satin Colors- dos and dont's?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schipperkesue

Reaction score
I have red Satins and have just impetuously purchased a broken black doe. I have no excuse. There she was, offered up in one of my Facebook groups as a proven doe with a pedigree. Nice picture...$35. It was late at night and I was tired and Satins are few and far between around here....wait that is an excuse!

Anyway, I know there may be unrecognized colors when I breed black to red, but the color calculator says I have a good chance of getting 'Chestnut'. Is Chestnut, Copper in Satins?

What other Satin color crosses are recommended or verboten?

Yes, Copper is Chestnut. And a gorgeous color they are in satin!!

I don't know all the strict rules, but I have two litters of primarily unshowable colors! I don't breed for show. Both of my does are unrecognized colors. Black is a farily versatile color for breeding with, though... as long as it isn't hiding some unwanted recessives.

Well, God only knows what I have because my Satins are neither pure nor pedigreed, but they are the best I could find around here. Thanks for your reply and hoping to hear more from others!

Chestnut is/would be Copper,
I would not worry so much as to what colors may appear.
Just try to breed toward the colors you most prefer.
You can always eat/sell your none acceptable colors as table fair.
There are no BAD Satins! :twisted:
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

ottersatin":3efl3p9w said:
There are no BAD Satins! :twisted:
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

I SO agree with this! Except perhaps my broken red doe who refuses to be bred. She is as bad as they come!

I am really looking forward to this. The colors I can get from breeding black to red are all colors and patterns I adore!

Back