sad end to the cat problems

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
Kazuki found a home but nothing could be done about Squeak. We tried taking her off all her meds but she continued to pull her own fur out just as much. Her beautiful blue tabby coat became a dull brown and she was bald with sores again. They said they could do more blood tests for metabolic disorders but we had no more money for that and we couldn't keep her in the condo. We tried putting her in the stable and after a successful week she disappeared for 2 weeks to show up starving hiding in a tree half way across the property. We gave one last shot by contacting someone we'd met who worked at a special needs cat rescue but they had a waiting list. So over the weekend squeak was put down. She lived 6 years after being found as a 3week old kitten on the middle of the highway.

DSC00677.jpg

SANY0017.jpg

We are debating fostering feral and underaged kittens since we do like cats. We just can't keep destructive adults around and the shelter pays all expenses. They have been asking for people to foster and just put down 6 kittens that could have been tamed from lack of time and space.

I'm sorry it ended that way, but given Squeak's ongoing health problems I completely understand. You were able to give her six good, safe years that she would otherwise not have had. Take comfort in that.

Poor Squeak. She is in a better place now, Akane. You tried so hard and long with her, and did everything you could to try to resolve her problems. Take comfort in the years you gave her as Maggie said. ((Hugs))

My wife provides a home for shelter cats. They are kept outside in a large building with access to the outside after a week or two of acclimation. So far, knock on wood, all have remained and are still with us.

We seem to be a magnet for throw-away pets!!! Nearly all of our cats were/are throw-aways. And several of our faithful dogs were also. Most have passed on now because of old age. But, they had a good home while they were here.

grumpy.

I'm so sorry, how sad. :( Sometimes we have to make these hard choices, that are the best for the animal. You did everything you could.

I'm so sorry, but with animals it is a matter of quality more than quantity of time...it sounds like Squeak had a wonderful life with you. So sorry for your loss though!

Latest posts

Back