sable or chocolate?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imajpm

Reaction score
I just might be excited :D

This is a test litter for one of my REW German Angora does. Mainly I wanted to see if she carried A so I'd know how hard it would be to get a black out of her. Her sire is black and dam rew. What I know about her is she is Aa__ccD_ _e I though I had a B in there but now I am not sure.

I bred her to a standard satin buck so I'd not have any wool to contend with for color identifications. He is aabbCcchlDDEe

I see a few sable points, one is quite a bit lighter than the other, there are two agouti's of some sort and 3 that look chocolate. I am not sure how a sable looks so I am asking :)

IMG_0657a.jpg

I see Chocolate and Chocolate Agouti. I've never seen a Chocolate based Sable, so....

Can you tell be more about this breed crossing experiment? I enjoy the vigor of crossed breeds.

Oh how exciting! As far as I know there are only a few chocolate Germans in existence so far! She also had a classic agouti kit who died during delivery so perhaps there is black in there. That kit was black, much darker than those two.

Mainly I wanted to know if she carried agouti. All my German bucks are either Agouti or Fawn so I wanted to know how difficult it would be to get a self out of her. However :) I do have a project going on. I was not planning on adding any of these kits to the project but now I might. I have a Standard Satin buck who carries long hair genetics. My project, which I have just begun (my first pair of Satin/Angoras for the project are 4 months old) is a Satin Angora based off Germans instead of French.

I will :) Not much to see yet lol. I've got two blacks retained, carrying dilute and chocolate. I am just selecting for body type, health and temperament at this stage. I cannot stand crabby difficult bunnies so that's up fairly high on my list.

Latest posts

Back