Royal is Turning into Groucho... New Eyebrows?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TF3

Reaction score
My big Cali buck has new eyebrows! :lol:
I know that deeper cold will bring out the depth of himi colouring... but these turned up in the last few weeks, not in correlation to particular cold, and even on the milder days (above zero in the rabbitry) they have stayed...
Is this something that occurs as himis mature?
royalbrows.jpg
And while we are looking at his mug...
notice the shading at the base of the ears... does this mean he is an agouti based himi rather than self?

Very cute :)

He looks self, or super steel :mrgreen:, to me

Their fur cannot actually change colour but must grow in with more/darker (or less/lighter) pigment and I think he is just moulting out his summer coat late in the year

Interesting!
He is moulting, actually.
The big goof.
Deep winter and under his cage is snowy white!

The Groucho look kills me.

Ha! So cute!
When I got Royal, we got a Cali doe as well and I had to cull her for snot almost right away.
But Roy has become my top guy :)

one of my cal bucks has the same eyebrows. None of my others do, just the one guy, and I currently have 9 cals, 3 have litters

I'm really not a fan of Himi color because of the creepy pink eyes .... BUT... with those eyebrows, he is REALLY adorable! His big face looks so sweet.

Every single one of our cals have eyebrows and have gotten them as they've gotten older, this is perfectly normal (especially in bucks). And about the colouring around his ears, that's pretty normal because markings tend to morph over time on cals or are like that right after they come in because of genetics. We have a gorgeous doe who has rings around her legs and the bottoms of her ears and passed them onto her daughter. Watch his mug marking too, that will probably change in shape as he ages (though if you show him, there will never be disqualifications or points off).

Latest posts

Back