Rooster...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wild1slilfarm

Reaction score
:evil:
Had someone call me and ask is i wanted 3 roosters i said yes(my dogs love them)
Well he droped them off all 3 were very nice looking, when i went to remove the first first rooster from his holding pen he attacked, finaly got hold of him. His spurs had been trimed to tips, his beak and comb and wattles had all been trimed for fighting.....
:furious: :explode:
the other two were the same way...grrrrrrrrrr

Roosters can be nasty! We gave away our beautiful rooster, Lucifer, last week. The sneaky devil spent his days plotting new ways to ambush us. I loved how he looked, but it sure is nice to be able to go outside without being attacked. Most fortunately, we had a hobby breeder stop by one of our yard sales and by great good fortune he has a Welsummer hen but no rooster. Perfect solution.

http://n3.cc/var/resizes/domestic-anima ... 1338158312

Yikes!

If it was just their comb and wattles trimmed, I'd say they were just show roosters, because that's how Old English and Modern Game birds are trimmed for show, but the spurs? Eek!

So sorry they turned out to be nasty.

I'd be careful about having them on your property for long...in some states that's enough evidence to get a warrant for arrest if anyone sees 'em and reports it!

wild1slilfarm":3uv334so said:
His spurs had been trimmed to tips, his beak and comb and wattles had all been trimmed for fighting.....

I've never seen a roo with trimmed comb and wattles, but mine get really pointed spurs- sometimes I trim them with dog nail clippers to blunt them.

I detest roosters, just got rid of our little Sizzle that we raised here, he was good for so long, then attacked both me and DH in the span of three days. Off he went!! I now have to deal with the 5 Partridge Rock and 2 Wyandotte cockerals from my son's 4H project, they won't be staying here. Need a few for the fair, but not 7.

I was informed last night, My Partridge Coated Amervcauna is still ruling the roost at Big Brother's place-- only two hens are left-- one of my original Silver LAced Wyandottes, and a 3rd generation black hen that is laying green eggs-- I did have a half dozen Black Australorps) So, when I pick up stuff from there today-- I will see if the roo is any less friendly-- he used to follow me like a shadow-- people coming to visit back then were afraid of any roo approaching-- but mine all loved people-- they had learned we meant treats were at hand!!!

Gamecocks are trimmed and spurs removed-- for fighting, artificial spurs are put on - they don't break off in a fight...
And I always wondered-- why, at fairs, must mature gamecocks be dubbed? the fairs don't condone cockfighting, so why require the birds to be dubbed?

I have never figured out why the games have to be dubbed, I went to a handfull of APA showsand they require them to be dubbed, I have never done this to my roosters I can't bring my self to do it.

wild1slilfarm":ltzjv4wa said:
I have never figured out why the games have to be dubbed, I went to a handfull of APA showsand they require them to be dubbed, I have never done this to my roosters I can't bring my self to do it.

I call it "one of those stupid people things".
I've never raised a mean rooster, other people's birds over juvie age, demons they can be.

I don't get why they don't breed tiny combs/wattles into them instead of mutilating them...

Latest posts

Back