Rite Farm Cages

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone used these cages by Rite Farm? I kind of like their add-on system. The starter cage goes for $25ish depending on where you get it and the add-ons for about $2 less. The claim to be using 7 gauge wire, which I've never seen in a cage. I have an email out asking if it's GBW or GAW.

Here's my deal: I have a hutch that holds my breedstock through the winter since I have no outbuildings. I have a place to shelter temporary cages for Spring-Autumn to house show rabbits, meat pens, meat mutts, etc. At winter, we will reduce back down to what fits in the hutch. These cages look like they could be a more economical way to add seasonal cages, and might work well someday when I have a building for my rabbits as they stack and are designed to shed waste product.

The really cool part about researching this stuff is that I have y'all to bounce stuff off of first. :D

[album]3507[/album]

I feel like the 7 GA is a typo. 7 is the kind of wire on dog crates. The picture defo does not look that thick.

FAQ-GaugeImg.png

7 gauge wire would be some really heavy stuff.

The wood legs are for the bottom set of cages (these are stackable). The roofs are slanted front to back and there's a "poop/pee roof panel" that you can buy that's slippery and sheds bunny berries well. The bottom of these cages are slanted to match the roof so they can be stacked with J-clips. The bottom cages need an 8 inch section of 2x4 (not included) to be level.

The manufacturer says yes on the 7 gauge wire. The heavy wire allows them to be stacked 4 high with just clips.

I think I will run these by the missus and if she agrees with the concept, we will try them and review them here.

The lumber would need to be pressure treated and painted to last any amount of time with urine and feces around them. What would happen if a rodent were to chew on one of the legs? :x Just me but I'd want to use metal for legs/feet. The racks I have my cages sitting in are made of pressure treated lumber and so far so good. But they were made as a cheap first go into rabbit housing.

Here's what most of my cages are made of:
DSCF2696.jpg
The darker wire is 12ga 1''x2'' (found in a barn) and the lighter wire is 16ga 1''x1'' (found at Lowes). I've been wanting to buy some more but haven't been able to find the 12ga wire anywhere.

will have to check this out further. :? :lol: :lol:

SoDak Thriver - I looked these up and saw a manufacturer but it does not look like you can order from them. Unless I was looking wrong. Are you looking at ordering them or is there a local place you would purchase? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back