ridiculous rabbity drama

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eco2pia

Staff member
Reaction score
This morning, the dog was weird, he woofed in the house, looked anxious...I let the dog out to go to the bathroom and he was acting weird when he came back in--puffed up like he had been all wound up, like a raccon or a cat had been in the yard or something. I didn't think much of it. Then my daughter went out to feed the rabbits and the chickens.

As you may know, my doe died recently...leaving a mutt buck, the litter sired on the deceased doe by the mutt, and my wonderful young buck, Winston. My daughter came back in wanting to know where I had put Winston--his cage was wide open and he was gone. I am assuming she left it open yesterday after feeding.

Cue frantic search of the yard...and nothing. But this is a VERY well fenced yard, so I knew he had to be there somewhere...

I let the dog out, and he ran straight to the hutch, I said "Where is he? Git him, git him!" and the dog took off, made a quick circle, ran right to the shed (DUH!) and started to dig at the corner. Sure enough there was Winston, huddled in the far corner under the shed, totally unharmed. He is back, and I no longer think of the dog as quite so purely useless.

Good boy.

And I added an extra latch to the cage.

yep, when we caught him he squealed a little squeal.... and buried his head in my armpit, poor thing....Quite a big day for him! And thanks to the dog, I still made it to class on time.

Back