Returned Rabbit is Gorgeous! (pics)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
1209045_645366945497507_190917427_n.jpg

996612_645366958830839_1141125461_n.jpg

1186323_645367022164166_1417339544_n.jpg

He was born April 12th, by Snow out of Hannah. He was returned due to lack of time. I believe he is a pointed white vienna, due to his eyes. They're pinkish at the center, bluish on the outside. He's white, not cream. Points could be black or blue, I suppose... If it were possible I might call him a sable pointed white, but since sable and PW are on the same gene... I thought he was a sable point when he was a baby, but I have him in my notes as the lightest.

He's a good looking boy! Congrats on his return and knowing what happens to so many buns that people don't want, I'm incredibly greatful they brought him back to you. :)

Oh he's a pretty one! I'm so glad they were responsible and returned him. My policy is, if anything happens where you can't keep them, or you realize it wasn't a good idea we’ll take them back. I'm glad you were open to him. What are your plans with him now?

What a cute buck!

Too bad they didn't have time for him as they thought. It was nice of you to take him back. :)

I offer to take back any rabbit bred here if they're looking for a new home. Free, of course, unless it's a rabbit I really want back(I saw one of Messy's sisters for sale and tried to buy her back but she was already sold :( ). I know a few people who regularly check the advertisements online and let me know if they see a bun they think I bred - This one was very obviously mine as you could see his tattoo in the picture. I emailed the girl, said that I would be happy to offer him a spot if she wanted to bring him back, and her cage would sell faster without the rabbit anyway. I usually never hear back from those emails, but she emailed me just about instantly and asked when she could drop him off.

He's in good health - weighs about 3lbs, so properly fed(not fat but not skinny). It did look like she'd never clipped his nails, but that took all of 5 minutes to rectify. He's nice and docile, easily handled. Hasn't sprayed or anything since he got back. Is a bit of a chewer... but what rabbit isn't?? Ears, eyes, teeth and junk are all clean and free of disease or debris.

I'm not sure yet if I plan to rehome him, or if I'd like to get him a SM or non-maned doe for a girlfriend. I was just lamenting to my friend that I want a non-pedigree, no hassle, breeding pair that's being bred for attitude and health, and nothing more. Something that's purely fun, so I'm not worrying about colour crossing rules, etc. Yeah, this buck is some form of sable and vienna, he's long in body, his mane leaves much to be desired(nice break, saddle is clean, the rest of it is too short, more of a transition wool than a proper mane wool). But I love his ears and his look, his attitude is wonderful, and I do miss the vienna gene.

It'll be a tough call. My buck to doe ratio is WAAAAAAAY off - I was thinking 1 buck : 2 does, right now I have 5 bucks and 4 does. Although, with all the new cages hopefully going into the shed next week, I will have more room soon....

Latest posts

Back