Rescues may be heading my way

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frecs

Reaction score
So, for the past couple months, I've been noticing these two rabbits that are released-pets living la viva loca in the neighborhood of two of the girls in my youth group. I've thought many times that I'd love to capture them and add them to my rabbitry. Well, I learned tonight that a new neighbor of theirs is planning to trap them, remove the nest of kits from under their house and either give them to someone or take them to the Humane Society.

So, now I am scrambling to find some cages or even better hutches. I have two small cages I keep for sick rabbit quarantine but they won't work for a doe and her kits. Hutches would be easier to set up well away from my main rabbitry for their 30 day quarantine.

The rabbits are both white with some black spots so I guess that makes them broken black? They are not small rabbits...I'm thinking they are big enough to serve as meat herd rabbits....if they are reasonably nice...if they prove to be nasty attitude rabbits, they will be seeing freezer camp once the kits are weaned.

Nothing wrong with free bunnehs! And, believe me, I know about not having any cage space. I have 3 cages I just picked up that I have yet to hang. Stupid snow and I haven't built the droppings pan for underneath them yet. Oh well, maybe this weekend.

What is terrible is I have a 5-hole bank that I purchased a couple months ago but I've not had time to sand and paint it and still need T-Posts to make legs for it...argh...I NEED to be a full-time farm girl! This desk job is cramping my style (except on payday!).

Check on craigslist (just in case) and also check on Freecycle.org. Freecycle accepts both Offers and Needed announcements, so something could happen for you that way.

DogCatMom":26a66fbg said:
Check on craigslist (just in case) and also check on Freecycle.org. Freecycle accepts both Offers and Needed announcements, so something could happen for you that way.

Always cruising CL...and thanks to your reminder, I have posted a request on Freecycle! cross your fingers!

Back