Rescue group!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbenker66

Reaction score
Got a call a while back from my local exotics pet store. Someone dropped off adult rabbits and they had no place to keep them. Previous owners stated, they couldn't afford to buy feed anymore. Went and picked them up, a harlequin lion head looking male and a broken pattern doe. They had been in a wire dog crate overnight. When I picked them up, the buck was relentlessly mounting the doe. Separated them into individual cages upon getting them to my place. Next day, when I came out to feed, there were tufts of hair under the does cage and spread throughout her cage. Immediately added a nest box. Came out to 6 kits the next morning. Give the adult pairs condition - they were skin & bones, I wasn't sure the runt was going to make it. However, adding oats & boss, mom has done an amazing job. All kits are gaining and I just removed the nest box this past weekend. I'm surprised, that more than half seem to have a mane! Not sure what I'm going to do with the adults at this point, they're definitely not meat size rabbits in the traditional sense.

Attachments

• Aslan121123b.jpg
    Aslan121123b.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Pepper121123.jpg
    Pepper121123.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • PepperBabies122123.jpg
    PepperBabies122123.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • PepperLitter121123.jpg
    PepperLitter121123.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
all rabbits are made of meat. Seeing the condition of the parents.... do you want to risk selling the kits as pets? Up to you though. Some pet people are amazing.

Back