Registrar

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
I went to the ARBA website and found 2 Registrars (same last name) in Bakersfield, which is about 50 miles away from us. Has anyone ever had a Registrar come to their rabbitry to evaluate their stock? Is there a standard fee per animal?

Registrars don't necessarily evaluate, aside from assuring the stock is free from disqualifications. Their only duty is to check for DQs and register. To have your stock evaluated, you need to show it.

Oh, I thought it was a little more in depth than DQ's. Dang.

Back to ARBA to find shows in my area. <sigh>

MamaSheepdog":1ncw1uha said:
I went to the ARBA website and found 2 Registrars (same last name) in Bakersfield, which is about 50 miles away from us. Has anyone ever had a Registrar come to their rabbitry to evaluate their stock? Is there a standard fee per animal?

We have had a registrar come to our place and register our rabbits. The one we had, knew our breed inside and out and spent the entire day with us... going over our rabbits. We paid the usual ARBA fee for registering and included a stipend for the person's time. For us the learning experience was So worth it.

The real trick would be finding a Knowledgeable person to do this.

I also cannot remember the fee per animal off hand. Long ago it was $3. but i believe it is higher now.

The registration fee is $6 per animal now, and to be able to have your rabbits registered, you'll need to have your ARBA membership card and a 3-generation pedigree on the animal.

The rabbit has to meet minimum criteria as set out in their breed standard to be registered.

It is definitely worth looking into having a registrar come out. They may not have the judging license yet but many of them have their registrar's license so that they can take the next step - become a judge. I'm on that path myself :D

If they're taking the time to drive out and register your animals for you, I'm sure a registrar worth his or her salt would take the time to help you evaluate your rabbits.

Latest posts

Back