Reflecting

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfaubush

Reaction score
So, many of us posted as to what our New Years Resolutions were for our rabbitries. I am thinking back on 2010 (and my goals going in), and seeing just how many I actually accomplished. Please add yours too.

1. My goal was to have 10 does. I reached 40, before ME hit my herd in December. As I rang in the 2011 New Year, I had 32.
2. A larger structure...I have 5 Costco canopies now.
3. To find a consistant meat truck or buyer. Couldn't find one...decided to become one.
4. To show at least one rabbit. Took home several ribbons for different rabbits.
5. To have a consistant meat supply for our table...found that I don't like rabbit meat that well after a long bought of trying to.
6. To have a good reputation for ethics, fairness, nice rabbits, and dependability. I hope that is how people see me.

I really didn't have any set goals for 2010, but I did accomplish a few things, rabbit-wise:

1. Got a trio of Cals
2. Got two Brazilian bucks after our first buck died in February
3. Learned a LOT about rabbit health and medicine from said departed buck
4. Bred our first bunnies
5. Sold four of those bunnies to 4Hers
6. Decided I do NOT like the headaches that come with pet sales, especially to friends
7. Got our first Rex buck (can't wait to have a couple of Rex does for him)
8. Have our first rabbit meat in the freezer (next goal: to do our own slaughtering and butchering)

I wanted to increase the meat herd...boy, did we accomplish THAT one!
Wanted to start using rabbit at least once a week on the table. I'm behind on this one. (the freezer is full, tho)
Wanted a permanent structure for the rabbits. Nope. not done.
Create automatic self warmed waterers. YUP. they're ready for next winter.
Buy enough hay for winter. YUP. done.
Find buyers for the angora kits we have. YES! I'm actually doing it!
Stop hording the angora fiber and actually SELL some. That's going slowly...sigh. It's just that it's such LOVELY fiber..... :(

I have found my goals evolved as the year carried on and my living situation changed.

I started out wanting to raise meat rabbits on a large scale. At this point, the majority of my heard consists of Thriantas. :)

That said, I did get two good does to start my Silver Fox meat rabbit project with, and I developed a whole list of new goals related to building my own line of Thriantas.

Latest posts

Back