recipe for bunny bread???

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnygardener

Reaction score
I remember reading some time ago that there was a recipe for making a bunny "bread" out of all the pellet crumbs in the bottom of the pellet bag. :idea: Does anyone have it or know the link? I would like to use all the food I paid for. It's a shame to have to throw the crumbs away. Thanks

I made bunny treats last night. I put some stale raisin bran, some old cranberries, the tail ending of various grains, mixed enough water in to make it doughy, then I put small pieces on a foil lined cookie sheet and baked it at 350 for about 1/2 an hour(until hard).

I make bunny cookies all the time.

1 cup pellets/fines etc. Grind in the food processor
1 cup Old Fashion Oat Meal (DO NOT use instant)
1 banana
1 carrot
Process the batch together and ad just enough water to make it all come together into a really dry mix. Put down a piece of saran wrap and the mix on it. Cover with another layer, smash down with your hands and roll it out about 1/2" thick. Cut into squares any size you want and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for ~1/2 hour at 350.
:gettowork:

You really aren't "baking" them but drying them so they stay together once they cool. My bunnies will rip the hutch door off to get at them when I take some out. :feed-plant: (Only once or twice a week though)

Thanks for the recipes :)

I have ripe bananas. I can make some banana bread for the humans
and some cookies for the bunnies.

I cook for my chickens when I have potato peelings or other vegtable scraps.
Then I add other stuff to the mix and serve warm. Good on a cold winter day :)

Latest posts

Back